Planning for Year-End Giving
Does this time of year have you thinking about the causes you care about and how to support them? Here’s a quick guide to year end giving as you make these important decisions.
What causes do you want to support? Would you like to give back but don’t know how? Do you have something that is close to your heart and can’t decide which to support? Use the following guiding questions to help you get started:
- What causes matter to you?
- What problems do you hope to see addressed?
- Is there an area where you have expertise or want to learn more?
- What opportunities have changed your life and should be available to more people?
- Is there a population of people you care most about supporting?
Give in a way that helps you meet your charitable and financial goals. Here is a list of giving options to consider with the Greater Polson Community Foundation:
- Donor Advised Funds – You establish this at GPCF with a single gift that allows you to give to the causes you care most about. You will have the ability to name your fund and endow your fund to ensure to honor your legacy.
- Gifts of cash, real estate, or appreciated stocks
- Charitable Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from retirement accounts
- Beneficiary designations for life insurance policies, IRA accounts, and bank and brokerage accounts
The Greater Polson Community Foundation is available to answer questions you may have and to work with you as you consider the best ways to structure your charitable giving. Please call (406) 883-GPCF.
Start Leaving Your Legacy Today. See our Anchor Society Information
Did you know: When you contribute to the Greater Polson Community Foundation Anchor Society, you’re building a legacy of support for today as well as into the future. People often think of legacy giving as something that occurs after their lifetime, there are also many ways to give now that create long-lasting impact for the causes you care about while providing tax and financial benefits during your life. So why wait? Learn more today and let us help you transform your legacy into a lifetime .